1 cup grated carrots
1 cup grated cucumber
1/2 cup finely chopped onions
3 tbsps finely chopped cilantro
2 finely chopped tomatoes (optional)
1 cup grated mooli (radish)
4 finely chopped green chilies or 1/2 tsp red chili powder (optional)
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 cups Jowar flour
1/4 cup rice flour
2 tbsps whole wheat flour
salt to taste
2 tbsps of oil or oil spray
1/4 cup plain yogurt (if needed)
- Mix grated carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, radish, chopped onions, tomatoes, cumin seeds, green chilies. Add salt and mix well. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Mix all the flours in the mixture. If the dough is too tight, add plain yogurt. Do not add water since it will make thalipettu chewy and hard.
- Spread 1/2 tsp of oil on the aluminum foil. Make small fist size balls and pat as thinly as possible on the oiled foil. If the dough sticks to your hand while patting, dip your hand in water and pat.
- Put the foil on the hot skillet and bake for 30 seconds on medium high flame. Remove foil.
- Flip thalipettu and bake for one more minute or till completely baked.
- Serve hot with butter, chutney powder and yogurt.
Bake on low flame for 3-4 minutes for crispier thalipettu.