3 Medium Potatoes
2 green chilies
1 clove garlic
2 tbsps cilantro
salt to taste
1 tbsp grated ginger
3 cups of whole wheat (chapati) flour
1 1/2 cups of water
2 tbsps oil
- Mix whole wheat flour and water and make soft chapati dough. Set aside.
- Bake Potatoes till done and peel off the skin.
- Grind ginger, garlic, cilantro and green chilies together adding no water.
- Mash potatoes, add salt and the ground spices mix well.
- Take a small fist sized chapati dough and roll it till its 6 inches in diameter on a flat surface dusting occasionally.
- Take a small fist sized ball of potato stuffing, put the stuffing inside the chapati roll and close it, making it a small ball.
- Dust the surface of the ball and roll the paratha as thin as possible.
- Pat little bit of oil on the top and bake it on the hot skillet till done flipping sides.
- Serve hot with butter, Chutney or plain yogurt.