Oats have become one of my favorite ingredients now :). I love to experiment with oats in any way I can. I tried this recipe by accident and everyone at home just loved it!
1/4 cup Chana dal
1/4 cup Toor dal
1tbsp Urad dal
1tbsp Mung dal
1 cup Oats
2 tbsps grated Ginger
3 Green chilies
1/2 cup finely chopped Onions
1/2 tsp Eno (or baking soda)
salt to taste
oil or oil spray
water as needed
- Soak all the dals for 4 hours. Grind oats to a course powder. Grind all the soaked dals along with Green Chilies to the consistency of broken wheat, mixing as little water as possible.
- Mix ground dals, Oats, Salt, grated Ginger, Onions and Eno.
- The batter should have the consistency of free flowing, but not as thin as dosa batter.
- Heat the 'Gundapangala pan' and pour the batter in the pan, and cook for on a medium flame till done flipping the gundapangalas once.
- Serve hot with Sambar and Coconut Chutney.
Note: You need to cook the gundapangalas for more time since the dals need to get cooked.