Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pudina (Mint) Chutney

I have always loved different varieties of Chutneys and Chutney powders. My Grandmother used to experiment with different kinds of chutneys just for me. Recently, one of my colleagues Uma, got Pudina Chutney for lunch and it was so tasty that I had to try it right away!



Ingredients:

2 cups Pudina (Mint)
4 tbsps Peanuts
2 tbsps white Til (Sesame seeds)
2 Red Chilies
1/4 tsp Coriander seeds
1/8 tsp Cumin seeds
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp tamarind paste
1/2 tsp Jaggery (optional)
Vaggarane



Method:
  1.  Heat the pan and dry roast Til, Peanuts, red Chilies, Cumin seeds and Coriander seeds
  2. Dry roast Mint leaves
  3. Grind all the ingredients together, use very little water if needed
  4. Garnish with Vaggarane
  5. Serve with Rice, Chapati, Phulka or use it as a spread on sandwiches

No comments: