1/2 cup each (boiled)- cubed potatoes, chopped cauliflower, thinly sliced carrots, peas, long cut beans
1/4 cup chopped onions.
1/4 cup coconut
3 green chilies (optional)
salt as needed
2 chakra moggu (star anise)
2 pieces of cinnamon (1 inch each)
3 Bay leaves (broken in half)
1 tsp cumin seeds
3 tbsps chopped cilantro
water if needed
- Grind coconut, green chilies and cumin seeds together, adding a little water.
- Prepare Vaggarane and add onions. When the onions are half done, add bay leaves, cloves, chakra moggu, cinnamon sticks and peppercorns. Fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Add all the vegetables and pour the coconut mixture. Add water if needed.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add salt, mix well and cook for 3 more minutes on medium high flame.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with Phulka, chapati or poori.