Interesting enough that Watermelon is a vegetable but its sweet and loved by everyone at home. Watermelon is 92% water. I had read in a magazine (about 15 years ago) about watermelon rind dosa, and thought of trying it at home.
4 cups watermelon rind (white part)
salt to taste2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup maida
3 tbsps rava
1/4 cup finely chopped onions (optional)
5 finely chopped green chilies (optional)
3 tbsps chopped cilantro
1 tbsp cumin seeds
Water if needed
oil or oil spray to sprinkle
- Add salt to the grated watermelon rind, onions and green chilies. Keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Add wheat flour, maida, cumin seeds, cilantro and rava. Mix well. If the batter is thick, add water for consistency.
- Heat the skillet and spread the batter on the skillet as you spread dosa (but watermelon dosas will not be think and crispy).
- Sprinkle a 1/4 tsp oil or use oil spray to spread little oil. Bake dosa for two minutes on medium high. Flip dosa and bake on the other side for two minutes.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.