Paper Dosa happens to be my husband's favorite. Everytime I prepare Paper Dosa, he relives his childhood. And he also knows the next day, its going to be his another favorite Gundapangala.
3 1/2 cups Idli (Parboiled) rice or Basmati Rice
1 1/2 cups Urad Dal1/4 cup each - chana dal, saboodana, toor dal, yellow moong
2 tbsps methi seeds1 cup poha
2 tbsps salt
- Soak rice, methi, poha and all the dals (except urad dal) in a vessel. Soak Urad dal seperately for at least 18 hours.
- Drain, wash and grind urad dal till it becomes soft paste. Pour the batter aside, and grind the rice and other soaked dals. Add water sparingly.
- Mix both the batters well. Mix salt. Let it ferment for eight hours or overnight.
- Mix the fermented batter well. Add water if needed to the consistency of free flowing batter.
- Heat the Tawa, spread the batter around with the ladle, forming a thin layer. Spray some oil or pour with a spoon spreading it around the dosa. Bake till brown.
- Serve hot with Potato bhaji, Coconut chutney and Sambar.