Batata pohe is one of my favorite snack. Batata Pohe is a spaciality of Maharashtra, which is is easy and simple to prepare.
3 cups medium raw poha
1/8 cup diced raw potatoes
1/8 cup chopped onions
1/8 cup chopped tomatoes
1/8 cup finely chopped cucumbers
1 gated medium carrot
4 green chillies finely chopped
salt to taste
3 tbsps lemon juice
3 tbsps finely chopped cilantro
- Wash Pohe well and drain thoroughly. Keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and prepare vaggarane. Add potatoes. Fry till the potatoes are half baked. Add onions, cucumbers, grated carrot, green chillies and tomatoes. Cook till all the vegetables are done.
- Add wet poha, sprinkle salt and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occassionally, till poha is soft.
- Add lemon juice and cilantro. Mix well.
- Garnish with sev and serve hot.