Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bread Dahi Chat

Chats are one of my very guilty pleasure. Most of them calorie loaded, yet tasty! I try to make them as healthy as possible. One day I was wondering what would I do with so much leftover bread and I thought of making patties out of it. Well, here is how I discovered this recipe - Light, healthy, tasty and filling.

Ingredients:

8 slices of whole wheat bread (crusts removed)
1/2 cup milk
salt to taste
Oil for greasing
2 cups of beaten plain curd (dahi)
1/2 cup Sweet Chutney
1/2 cup sev
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
4 tbsps finely chopped cilantro



Method:
  1. Mix bread, salt and milk very well. Make sure there are no lumps. The dough should not neither be very hard nor very soggy.
  2. Make small balls and pat them flat. Bake them on a hot greased skillet (I use Pam spray instead of oil). Bake on both sides till crispy. Let cool.
  3. Put 2  patties in a plate and pour a ladle full of beaten yogurt on top of patties. Put two tbsps of sweet and green chutney on the top of patties.
  4. Garnish with Sev, onions and cilantro. Serve immediately.

1 comment:

Sailaja Damodaran said...

Interesting will give a try.....