Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hacchida Churamuri (Mamra/Kurmure)

This is all time favorite at home. Since its low fat option, I dont think twice to give it my son as a snack. You find this snack mostly in trains. Aah, the smell of raw onions, tomatoes and mamra!!! Makes my mouth water any time and reminds me of all the childhood train journeys with my family.



Ingredients:

6 cups white Kolhapuri mamra
1/4 cup raw peanuts
1/4 cup puthani (dalia)
5-6 dried chilies
salt to taste
1/8 cup oil for vaggarane (tadka)

Method:
  1. In a large pan, heat oil and prepare vaggarane.
  2. Add red chilies, raw peanuts and dalia. Fry till the raw smell is gone.
  3. Add mamra, salt and mix well.
  4. Let cool before storing. Serve as snack with tea/coffee.
Variation:

1/4 cup each - finely chopped tomato, onion and cilantro
2 tbsps of lemon juice.
1 tbsp finely chopped green chilies
3 cups of prepared mamra

Mix all the ingredients and serve immediately with tea or coffee.

No comments: